Thursday, June 14, 2012

I am very excited. I would love to have a mimosa tree growing in the front yard but this year we paid for two silver maple instead because we need shade around the mobile home.But last fall I picked several seed pods off the mimosa tree that grows on the edge of my neighbor's property. I didn't feel like it was stealing because they would have just fallen to the ground and probably died. I set a pod on top of some soil in a pot and waited to see what would happen. It didn't seem like anything was happening. And then I noticed that the pods were drying up and I could see the seeds so i took two of them and put them in the soil but nothing happened for a very long time. But yesterday i noticed that they were growing. So I felt daring and transplanted them into peat pots. One is just out of it's shell but the other one is about an inch high and actually looks like a mimosa tree. This is so great. I will take picture later today and put them up so we can keep track of their growth. I love watching how God makes things grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment