Friday, August 3, 2012

I had made the baby bonnet below to qualify for the Southern Highlander Craft Guild and they accepted me. And so yesterday I spent the day at one of their shops on the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC, Moses Cone House. It was wonderful. I set up to demonstrate on the front porch looking out over the mountains and a lake. There was a breeze most of the day and after spending a week in Philadelphia PA without air conditioning this was a very pleanant change. I sold 9 cross', 8 small bookmarks and a host of other stuff. The people that came through were all so nice. I really enjoyed showing them how to tat and talking about where tatting came from and what it is used for. For example, I love using a snowflake or a cross or a heart on a package instead of a bow because you can't crush them like a bow so you can stack one package on top of another. And each time the person receiving the gift looks at the tatting they will remember the person that gave it to them and also the gift. It is also so nice to include a little something in a get well card or birthday card. Well, I have some tatting to do to replace what I sold yesterday. I am thinking earrings is a good thing to make, they are quick and people really seemed to like them. Thanks for reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment